Our showroom remains closed, we are dispatching orders as normal our phone lines remain open and we're offering a click and collect service.
FD30 - 30 Minute Fire Rated - Double Action Spring Hinges - For Double Swing Doors - Silver Grey
- This range has an enclosed body to reduce the risk of vandalism. This unique fixing method makes it suitable for environments where security and reliability are essential.
- Double action "Bomber style" spring hinges.
- Designed for use on doors that need to swing in two directions (through 180 degrees).
- Please note these hinges are fire rated and come as a set of three hinges, supplied with intumescent hinge liners.
- Spring loaded knuckles with adjustable spring strength.
- Made from steel, with a silver powdercoated finish.
|Item Code||Height (A)||Width (B)||Knuckle Diameter (C)||To Suit Door Thickness (D)||To Suit Max Door Width||Max Door Weight|
|48213.1||152mm||95mm||25mm||25mm - 44mm||932mm||42kg|
- To install double action spring hinges correctly it is necessary to have or fix a plant down the hanging frame. Ideally the width of the plant should be the same dimension as the thickness of the door. The thickness of the plant should be sufficient to allow the leaf of the hinge to rotate freely around the knuckle, after the lipped face (C) has been mortised in. The other lipped face should be mortised into the door, ensuring that both leafs are free to rotate and that the standard door plant clearance is maintained.
- Where applicable the capstan should be located at the top on the plant, and at the bottom on the door. This configuration will ensure optimum efficiency and minimum wear. Hinges where the capstans are located at the same end, should be installed with the capstans at the top.
- Normal installation should be 250mm from the top and bottom of the door. In the event of a door being oversize, a third hinge may be fitted 100mm below the top hinge. Care must be taken to ensure that the centre line of the hinges is in alignment.
- On fire rated FD30 & FD60 models the supplied intumescent must be stuck to the outer edge (X) covering area ‘C’ of each hinge leaf and appropriately trimmed. Failure to install the supplied intumescent will invalidate the Fire Certificate!
- Normal operation of the hinge is achieved by tightening both capstans on each hinge and inserting the pins provided. Normally the top hinge(s) will not require more than three holes, and the bottom hinge two holes.
- Spring Hinges are lubricated before despatch. We recommend annual lubrication to maintain trouble free operation.
Important Info Before You Buy
- Sold as an set of three hinges, supplied with intumescent hinge liners
- Independently tested by Exova Warrington Fire to BS EN 1634-1:2008 Report No. 324188
- Fire test evidence avaliable on request
|Fire Rated||FD30 / FD60 - Fire Rated|
|Sold Per||Set of 3 hinges|
|Availability||Non stock product - please allow 3-7 days for delivery|
Non stock product - please allow 3-7 days for delivery